Location: Charlotte, NC US - Remote
Job Area: Internship
Employment Type: Part-time
Job ID: 22019i
GHOOD GIRL™ Magic is an eCommerce style destination committed to our mission of making diversity a norm in the fashion/beauty industry. We specialize in the world’s first and only life-size doll parade unit honoring women and characters of color.
We’re looking for a fashion-savvy GHOOD GIRL™ (or GUY) with a passion for diversity and inclusion who’s interested in social media marketing to join our team as an intern for the Spring/Summer 2019 season, starting in May.
As the Social Media Marketing Intern, you will gain valuable, on-the-job experience in a fast-paced, creative environment. You'll get to interact with GHOOD GIRL™ Magic spokespeople, members of the media, vendors and brands as they relate to all things social media marketing.
You are our ideal candidate if you: are a whiz at social media and various platforms, are an independent worker, have the best organizational skills of anyone you know, love to create content and interact with people, and you’re not afraid to speak up with a fresh idea. Before the internship is over, you will have worked on several big GHOOD GIRL™ Magic initiatives, events, and projects and will walk away with some serious skills on all things social media marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in producing content across social media channels (photos, captions, GIFS, memes, illustrations, videos, etc.)
- Copy-edit and fact-check social media content
- Manage the posting and optimization across multiple social media channels
- Assist in managing social content publishing tools for monitoring and engaging with audiences across social channels
- Catalog and organize all creative assets and files to ensure our internal database is kept organized and up-to-date
What you need:
- You are enrolled in an undergraduate program related to marketing or creative arts
- You have a strong understanding of the GHOOD GIRL Magic brand and voice and can communicate our message with consistency
- You have experience creating content calendars and using social content publishing tools
- You have experience in graphic design, illustration, videography and/or photography
- You have a personal computer with access to wifi
- This internship is unpaid but can offer course credit if applicable
- Minimum duration is three (3) months
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.