Location: Charlotte, NC US - Remote
Job Area: Internship
Employment Type: Part-time
Job ID: 32019i
GHOOD GIRL™ Magic is an eCommerce style destination committed to our mission of making diversity a norm in the fashion/beauty industry. We specialize in the world’s first and only life-size doll parade unit honoring women and characters of color.
We’re looking for a fashion-savvy GHOOD GIRL™ (or GUY) with a passion for diversity and inclusion who’s interested in marketing to join our team as an intern for the Spring/Summer 2019 season, starting in May.
As the Marketing Intern, you will gain valuable, on-the-job experience in a fast-paced, creative environment. You'll get to interact with GHOOD GIRL™ Magic spokespeople, members of the media, vendors and brands as they relate to all things marketing.
You are our ideal candidate if you: enjoy connecting people to messages that matter, are an independent worker, have the best organizational skills of anyone you know, love to manage projects and people, and you’re not afraid to speak up with a creative idea. Before the internship is over, you will have worked on several big GHOOD GIRL™ Magic initiatives, events, and campaigns and will walk away with some serious skills on all things marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in creating marketing materials to strengthen brand awareness and digital engagement
- Assist in managing key marketing campaigns across multiple channels (digital, print, events, etc.)
- Prepare weekly reports for both website and social media analytics
- Assist with SEO, retargeting and digital strategy
- Other duties, as required, to support the needs of the marketing team
What you need:
- You are enrolled in an undergraduate program related to marketing
- You have recent internship experience related to the field or a strong portfolio featuring examples of successful project management
- You can effectively manage multiple projects and their timelines successfully
- You work and collaborate well with others
- You have working knowledge of Kanban project management
- You have a personal computer with access to wifi
- This internship is unpaid but can offer course credit if applicable
- Minimum duration is three (3) months
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.