Location: Charlotte, NC US - Remote
Job Area: Internship
Employment type: Part-time
Job ID: 52019i
GHOOD GIRL™ Magic is an eCommerce style destination committed to our mission of making diversity a norm in the fashion/beauty industry. We specialize in the world’s first and only life-size doll parade unit honoring women and characters of color.
We’re looking for a fashion-savvy GHOOD GIRL™ (or GUY) with a passion for diversity and inclusion who’s interested in web/digital content to join our team as an intern for the Spring/Summer 2019 season, starting in May.
As the Digital Content Intern, you will gain valuable, on-the-job experience in a fast-paced, creative environment. You'll get to interact with GHOOD GIRL™ Magic spokespeople, vendors and brands as they relate to all things web/digital content.
You are our ideal candidate if you: have web/digital know-how, are an independent worker, have the best organizational skills of anyone you know, love web content design, and you’re not afraid to speak up with a fresh idea. Before the internship is over, you will have worked on several big GHOOD GIRL™ Magic campaigns and projects and will walk away with some serious skills on all things web and digital content.
What you’ll do:
- Edit existing web pages/sites; copy edits, digital asset updates, HTML/CSS tweaks in text editor as well as wysiwyg admin panels
- Organize and prep various digital asset formats to be web ready; videos, images, etc.
- Design and produce web digital assets; banners, CTA button, forms, etc.
- Maintain expertise in our platforms and understand CMS limitations and capabilities
- Optimize digital content with best practices in SEO, content types, etc.
What you need:
- You are enrolled in an undergraduate program related to digital content
- You have working knowledge of Wordpress (or related CMS)
- You have a clear understanding of HTML/CSS (proficiency is a plus)
- You can effectively manage multiple projects and their timelines successfully
- You have a personal computer with access to wifi
- This internship is unpaid but can offer course credit if applicable
- Minimum duration is three (3) months
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.