Location: Charlotte, NC US - Remote
Job Area: Internship
Employment Type: Part-time
Job ID: 42019i
GHOOD GIRL™ Magic is an eCommerce style destination committed to our mission of making diversity a norm in the fashion/beauty industry. We specialize in the world’s first and only life-size doll parade unit honoring women and characters of color.
We’re looking for a fashion-savvy GHOOD GIRL™ (or GUY) with a passion for diversity and inclusion who’s interested in copywriting to join our team as an intern for the Spring/Summer 2019 season, starting in May.
As the Copywriting Intern, you will gain valuable, on-the-job experience in a fast-paced, creative environment. You'll get to interact with GHOOD GIRL™ Magic spokespeople, members of the media, vendors and brands as they relate to all things copywriting.
You are our ideal candidate if you: have a strong opinion on the oxford comma, love story-telling, are a master of language (from a headline to a script, you understand the weight of a word), and you’re not afraid to speak up with a fresh idea. Before the internship is over, you will have worked on several big GHOOD GIRL™ Magic initiatives, events, and projects and will walk away with some serious skills on all things copy editing.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in creating engaging copy that converts using strategic storytelling on a variety of platforms (print, web, email, public relations, PPC ads, etc.)
- Collaborate with marketing to develop cohesive content, strategies for campaigns and promotions using a consistent brand voice
- Ideate creative ways to tell stories that evoke a connection between the GHOOD GIRL Magic audience and the brand- through testimonials, press releases, marketing content, etc.
- Assist in SEO optimization using relevant keywords for promotions and target industries
What you need:
- You are enrolled in an undergraduate program related to literature or marketing
- You have a strong portfolio featuring examples of written work (blog posts, etc.)
- Experience writing across all types of media
- You can effectively manage multiple projects and their timelines successfully
- You have working knowledge of SEO and content optimization
- You have a personal computer with access to wifi
- This internship is unpaid but can offer course credit if applicable
- Minimum duration is three (3) months
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.